Programs for Students Identified as Homeless
McKinney-Vento Homeless Education
Students and families facing instability in housing are placed in a unique situation deserving of educational rights and services. This web site contains valuable information and resources for students, unaccompanied youth, parents/legal guardians, school staff, and community partners. It is our goal to adequately identify and support students who qualify for educational services, identify and remove barriers to student learning, and involve parents/legal guardians in the educational process. It is our goal to assure that each student has an equal opportunity in the educational setting to achieve academic and personal success.
- Equal access to educational and other services enabling them to meet the state student academic achievement standards to which all students are held;
- Collaborative services for instructional support within the district, community agencies and providers;
- Inform parents/legal guardian and unaccompanied youth of educational rights
- Immediate enrollment, provision of transportation to school of origin, child nutrition services;
- Parental involvement opportunities;
- Title I support;
- Educational assessment; and
- School social work, counseling, and nursing services.
Homelessness Liaison: Briana Talarico
State Coordinator: Lisa Phillips